HYDAC H series plate heat exchangers can maintain the fluid temperature at a very low and stable level – depending on the temperature of coolant. Gasketed plate heat exchangers are particularly suitable for large flows and high cooling capacities and are therefore a useful supplement to the brazed range.
Gasketed plate heat exchangers consist of individually stamped heat transfer plates and gaskets. The plate stack is clamped using bolts in a frame consisting of a fixed cover and a moveable cover. The advantage is that the plate heat exchanger can also be dismantled for cleaning and maintenance. Furthermore it is possible to add more plates at a later date to achieve a higher capacity.
There are several sizes with varying numbers of plates and different stamp designs available to cover the capacity range. In this way they can cater for heavily contaminated or high viscosity fluids, or even if the temperature difference between the hot and cold medium is only minimal.
- Stainless steel 1.4401 (AISI 316), 1.4306 (AISI 304)
Plate thickness: 0.4 – 0.6 mm
- NBR (HT)
- Threaded pipe, male
- Flange (up to DN300)
- Note: The connection interface can only be altered before manufacture
- RAL 5010
- Corrosion class: C2L
- Other paint finishes on request
- Hydraulic oil, lubrication oil, rolling oil, engine oil
- HFC, HFC, HFD, operating fluids
- Water, water-glycol, seawater (with titanium plates)
- Limited possibility: steam applications
Operating temperature: Up to 140 °C
Pressure ranges: 10 bar, 16 bar, 25 bar. Note: Pressure surges must be avoided.
Flow rate: Up to 2,000 m3/h
- Up to 30,000 kW
- Dependant on the inlet temperature of the media and the flow rate.
Contamination: The level of particles in suspension should be less that 10 mg/l
Particle size: 0.6 mm (spherical); thread-like particles cause a rapid rise in pressure drop.
Water quality: Request table on water quality.
- Safety heat exchanger
- Dual unit with change-over valve
- Depending on the individual situation, special models using higher grade materials are available. e.g. titanium plates are used for seawater applications.